Packing school lunches is not an easy task — especially if you’re trying to eat clean! Luckily, I put together a list of seven healthy school lunches that will still be fresh and delicious by the time lunch rolls around!
Tips for Packing a School Lunch:
- Tupperware is your best friend! Any plastic containers that protect your lunch from getting smushed are key. I like Bento Boxes, a style of lunch box with different colorful containers you can store different foods in.
- Control temperature with a thermos, socks, and ice packs. Freeze a water bottle that’s half full, then fill the other half with water, and cover it with a sock to have cold water for lunch. Thermoses are great if you feel like attempting to bring soup, smoothies, or other hot drinks. Hot things are a bit of a challenge, but it’s doable if you don’t mind them being lukewarm! Ice packs are great for all your cold salads and whatnot.
- Pack your lunch the night before. That way, the morning rush won’t get in the way of you running out the door with unhealthy food — or without a lunch at all.
Here are 7 of my favorite recipes for clean back-to-school lunch options:
1. Sandwiches are your best friend! They are healthy, transportable, and don’t need to be warmed up in the microwave. My new recent obsession is veggie wraps! Hummus, veggies, avocado, and chopped bell peppers wrapped together in the healthiest wrap you can find at the store makes for a delicious meal. Pesto hummus is another personal favorite for wraps.
2. This healthy breakfast cookie is a good lunch option if you’re craving some brunch and didn’t have time for oatmeal in the morning.
3. Whole wheat crepes are another good option — especially the savory kind with homemade cashew cream and veggies! Fruit and peanut butter is another good crepe option.
4. Smoothies are a great option because you can pack them in a thermos and surround them with ice packs. They’re loaded with vitamins and are healthy and delicious to boot!
5. This Italian Tuna Bowl is awesome if you love tuna and veggies but don’t want a sandwich.
6. This four ingredient summer mandarin jicama salad is as delicious as it is simple!
7. And then, finally… my most popular recipe. *trumpets* No-Bake Peanut Butter Bites! A perfect addition to any lunch.
Have a great school year!