At the start of my weight loss and health journey, I made seven changes in my diet and exercise routine that helped me lose weight, tone up, and get fit!
Here they are:
- No soda! I’m proud to say I no longer drink soda. Just by making this change, I cut out over 200 calories per day and I cut down on my sugar intake. Drinking diet soda is no better– the artificial sweeteners and presence of high fructose corn syrup make it even worse.
- Fruit first thing in the morning. This is a weird trick a trainer that used to work at my gym told me. She said that by eating fruit first thing in the morning — before complex carbs like toast — it gives you immediate energy because fruit travels quickly through your digestive system and clears out toxins.
- Exercise 3x a week, minimum. Cardio is good, but don’t forget to work in strength training!
- Use technology to monitor your progress. I used LoseIt.com for nutrition tracking and Daily Mile to monitor my mileage.
- Get on a program. I love the 30 Day Shred because the 20 minute workouts are intense yet busy-schedule-friendly. But you can’t beat P90x if you are ready to take your fitness to the next level!
- Drink water, water, and more water! I can’t stress this enough. Drinking water speeds your metabolism and helps you lose weight. So
- Plan your meals ahead of time. This way your hunger won’t get the best of you. Here’s my favorite meal plan!