Holiday season is here! Sometimes, all of these festive family meals can spell trouble for members of the fit community, but never fear! Here are ten ways to eat well this holiday season without gaining weight.
- Lift weights to speed up your metabolism. A fast metabolism is key to helping you enjoy all that holiday food. Add an extra day to your weekly workout schedule where you do full body resistance training.
- Watch your portions — use smaller plates. Smaller plates can trick your mind into thinking you’re fuller than you are. Don’t overeat– use small plates!
- Work out with family. The family’s over… why not play a game of touch football or go on a walk? Stay fit together!
- This or that? Decide on your meal priorities. Eat healthy as often as you can, and save your sweets and desserts for when you really want them. Make your desserts count, and if your grandmother’s lemon merengue pie is to die for, grab a slice! Don’t restrict your diet so much that you can’t enjoy the holidays, but instead figure out what unhealthy foods are worth it and eat a small amount of those.
- Keep your fitness goals in mind, and stay motivated. Use apps like Gym Pact to help you stay on track!
Have a great holiday season, everyone!