Here’s how to get a great, healthy start to your morning!
1. Fruit first thing in the morning, then a clean, healthy breakfast with protein, fiber, and calcium. Break the fast and eat some fruit first thing after you wake up — fruit in the morning boosts energy. Also, make sure you eat a clean, healthy breakfast that will energize you. Find my clean breakfast ideas here!
2. Work out before the sun comes up. Working out in the morning gets your blood pumping and metabolism started right away. A quick 30 or 60 minute workout will wake you up and help you get your day off to a great start with a rush of endorphins.
3. Wake up right away. Get out of bed and get started — resist the urge to fall back to sleep, even for ten more minutes. Your sleeping pattern has already been disrupted so there’s no point, and you’ll only feel more foggy for the rest of the day.
4. Set goals for the day. When I wake up, I always check my goals for the week and the day on my whiteboard/bulletin board.
5. Get focused with yoga. Use yoga or meditation to center yourself and prepare for the day ahead. It helps me clear my mind of any stress of “I have SO much to do today” and allows me to be like “OK what’s first?”
6. Journal. During some of my busiest weeks, I like waking up and writing down some of my fears, concerns, or things I need to get done in a journal. That way, I start the morning fresh after putting everything down on paper instead of letting it clutter my thoughts. It’s a great stress reliever!
If all else fails, turn on some Jack Johnson and you’ll be in a great mood to start your day!