I’m back in the dorms! This time as an RA, the person who enforces da rules and puts on cool programs. So, here’s my guide to eat healthy in the dorms with simple, no-appliance-necessary recipes.
For my first recipe, I used a mason jar and made a healthy parfait that has plenty of protein to keep you full during busy days of classes, studying, and hitting the gym. This is a good breakfast or snack, depending on how much you make. I love this recipe because it’s simple, easy, and delicious.
Be sure to try and get ingredients that are unsweetened, and then use a little honey to sweeten it to taste.
- 2 containers of plain, unsweetened vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup(ish) of granola or oats (unsweetened)
- Bananas (optional)
1. Drizzle honey into an empty mason jar. Empty one container of yogurt for the first layer.
2. Layer granola on top of the yogurt.
3. Another layer of yogurt!
4. More granola, and bananas if you see fit.
If you want to make this the night before an early day, you can leave out the granola and add that in the morning so it won’t get soggy in your minifridge overnight.