Hey guys! I’ve been getting a lot of questions recently about how cutting out meat and going vegetarian (or even vegan) can lead to weight loss.
So today I’m going to share with you how to eat a more plant-based clean eating diet this month — and still get all the nutrients you need!
Here are my favorite nutrient-filled options:
- Whole wheat veggie/hummus sandwiches. I like to grill these. And add cheese, because I’m still having trouble cutting out cheese to go completely vegan. (Hummus is usually made from chickpeas, which is a great source of protein!)
- Oatmeal with flaxseeds (to replace the omega-3’s that come from fish) and other toppings like fruits and nuts (walnuts are really good)
- Smoothies of all kinds. Especially spinach smoothies.
- Juices. I know we don’t all have access to juicers (I only have one at home) but they’re great because you don’t like to eat salads all the time you can just throw all of your veggies into a juicer and add an apple or two and then you have a tasty but REALLY healthy juice that will help cover all your nutrients that you need.
- Black bean soup and minestrone soup to ensure I get enough legumes, which are a great source of protein and nutrients.
- Peanut butter bites with flaxseeds for protein and omega-3 reasons.
- Calcium: kale and almonds
- Iron: oatmeal, nuts, sunflower seeds, quinoa, chickpeas, lentils
And make sure you take a multivitamin with vitamin B12 in it.
See you all tomorrow!