This is my go-to recipe for “mornings” like this because I need something to keep me fueled up for the rest of the day so I can get through yoga, my shift at work, and tons of pre-production for tomorrow’s shoot and not fall asleep in the middle of everything.
The spice from the chili powder wakes you up, the healthy monounsaturated fatty acids in the avocado nourishes you and speeds up your metabolism as well, and the protein keeps you full. Add a slice of whole wheat toast to help your body better utilize the protein from the eggs. Also whole wheat toast is the bomb.
SUPER CHARGED Scrambled Green Avocado Eggs
TIME: 10-15 minutes
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- Pinch of ground chili pepper (to boost metabolism)
- Grated cheese (optional) (I used grated pepperjack.)
- 1 slice of whole wheat toast (optional)
2. Heat up a nonstick skillet with an olive oil nonstick spray. Toss in the diced green bell peppers, and heat until sizzling.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the pan, using a spatula to move the eggs around the pan until they’re cooked.
4. Pour the scrambled eggs into a bowl, stir in avocados, and season with chili pepper.
This recipe is also perfect for those days where you’re constantly on the go and may not have time for real meals. Having big breakfasts and small dinners are also another way to speed up your metabolism, so this recipe really fits the bill in every category.
SUBSTITUTIONS: You can just use egg whites, which lowers the cholesterol (but also strips away many of the nutrients). To make it healthier, you can omit the cheese and add more green pepper.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! 🙂