Want to hear some scary facts?
Only 8% of people are always successful in achieving their resolutions. 19% achieve their resolutions every other year. 49% have infrequent success. 24% (one in four people) NEVER succeed and have failed on every resolution every year. That means that 3 out of 4 people almost never succeed.
You can be the 25% who succeed. Why? Because you’re my readers. And I kind of bet my brother that you would all reach your goals. I don’t like to lose bets. So… I’m counting on you!
5 Ways to Stick With Your Fitness Goals and Resolutions
- Gradually make changes! Some people go full speed ahead for the first two weeks in January, and then get burned out. Pace yourself! Life’s about energy management, not just time management. Start by going to the gym three times a week, and slowly work up to more days and more intense workouts.
- Take a day off each week in order to refocus. Take a rest day to evaluate your progress from the following week, and figure out what you can do better next week.
- Stay inspired. Print out inspirational quotes and hang them on your wall. Sing “WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS” after every workout. High five other runners you meet on your morning run. This is a journey! Enjoy every step of the way, and find ways to keep your morale up!
- Keep it fun. Go hiking with friends. Challenge the people in your house to come up with new smoothie recipes, and offer a prize to the winner. (Like no chores for a week!)
- Know where you’re headed. AKA: PLAN! Know where you want to be, and plan out the steps to get there.
First off, I love checking in with you guys to see how your goals are doing. These are my favorite entries from my question on my Tumblr!
- bringingmetoneverland answered: Haha, just saying (since I’m Greek) You basically said Good Morning beautiful friends! 🙂
Yes! Google translate success! Also: Greek is pretty much the most awesome language ever. I envy you.
- jofromscratch answered: I’m working harder everyday. I’m logging my food, working out whenever I can, and keeping a positive attitude. Trite but true.
Role model alert!
- 90daystoamazing answered: i personally never had a resolution, but i am starting my 90 day challenege on the first right now im conditioning myself for the p90x part.
You’re in for a treat! P90x is one of the best programs out there: challenging and engaging. Good luck!!
- runatic-lavings answered: My New Year’s resolution has been to stick to my soda restriction, which I believe has been going splendidly! And I’ve grown fond of seltzer.
*virtual high five* Same here! Great job!
- mypersonalrollercoaster answered: I had one resolution to help me meet my goals for the year: cut out all meat & dairy. So far, so good. 25 days in!
Wow! Veganism = fantastic goal for so many health reasons.
- awesomeness2 answered: What resolution? I am doing it for my health not a resolution.
Dude. You are my hero.