I only recently perfected the art of making healthy scrambled eggs, mainly because I wanted to cook my boyfriend breakfast and show off my master chef skills. (Side note: he’s actually better at cooking than me most of the time, although I’ll never admit this to him, ever.) I like this recipe in particular because it’s really healthy and varied and is a great breakfast!
A note about egg whites and cholesterol:
If you eat eggs every day, it may be a smart idea to do an egg-white variation of this recipe every few days. That way, you can keep your cholesterol in check. But, if you’re healthy and you DON’T eat eggs all the time, keep the yolks! Egg yolks have a ton of health benefits and contain 80% of the nutrients of the egg itself.
Serving Size: 1
- 2 Eggs
- Pam Olive Oil Spray
- 1/2 cup chopped peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon no salt Garlic Powder
- Salt (to taste) is optional
1. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, set aside.
2. Spray a small frying pan with Pam Olive Oil spray, add in peppers and onions and fry until the onions are translucent
3. Add eggs, garlic powder and salt and move the mixture around the pan until the eggs are cooked to scramble-y perfection
Ta-da! You now have a super healthy scramble. I think you can even forgo salt because Garlic Powder and the veggies make it super flavorful.