photo by Tejas Prints
I’ve been getting a lot of questions from people who have never ran before, and want to become regular runners and maybe even run a race or two. So I made this simple five step plan to get you guys from walking to running!
- Step One: Start by going on 30 minute walks.
- Step Two: Turn that 30 minute walk into a walk/jog. Walk for five minutes, jog for two. Listen to your body and take it easy the first time!
- Step Three: When you’re ready, go on a 30 minute jog/run.
- Step Four: Finally, try running for 30 minutes straight!
- Step Five: For an additional challenge, try run/sprint intervals. Or, for something more intense, try running up stadium stairs and walking around the track!
Move up to the next step at your own pace. If you’re into technology and stuff, the LoLo Beat Burn App is the perfect interval running app! I also recommend the LoLo Half Marathon with Jeff Galloway app if you’re interested in running a half marathon.
Hopefully this helps!