These scones are amazing. You need pastry flour, though, although I didn’t use it for the first few times I made them. And you may want to increase the amount of honey in this recipe if you want it to be sweeter — your choice! These are my go-tos, and I love having them for small snacks or for breakfast with a cup of tea.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 1/2 cup dried fruit of your choice (I like cranberries or blueberries the best!)
- Preheat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt and baking soda so it gets fluffy.
- In a larger bowl, combine baking powder, your flours, sugar, cinnamon, and salt and mix together well.
- Add butter to the dry ingredients and break apart clumps with your fingers. Fold in yogurt mixture, and add milk as well. Add in flax and dried berries.
- Dust a cutting board with flour, and roll your dough into two balls. Then flatten the balls so they are about 1/2 inch deep. Cut into wedges and put on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, until light brown.
Serve with additional honey on top all fancy-like 🙂